Breaking News
  • May 16Happy Thursday Bulldogs!!! Remember to wear your IDs....
The Student News Site of Riviera Preparatory School

The Riviera Press

The Riviera Press

The Riviera Press

The Next Steps as a Bulldog: The Junior Ring Ceremony

The class of 2025 is one step closer to their senior year.
Varsity Yearbook Inc.
Maria Liceaga, Emily Gil, Emily Hrbeck, Daniella Aberu, Francesca Maresma, and Bianca Maresma smile into front of the big ring and show off their junior rings.

On Tuesday, April 2, the class of 2025 had their junior ring ceremony, an annual event commemorating their transition to senior year. It was a night filled with joy, laughter, and memories the students will cherish for the rest of their lives. 

Shortly after entering the auditorium, the audience heard a compelling speech from the associate headmaster, Mr. Patrick Snay. He spoke about the importance of unity as a graduating class. Then, one by one, each junior was called out alphabetically, received their ring, and posed for a photo with Mr. Snay in front of the ring prop in the center of the stage. Once every student returned to their seat, on the count of three, they all put their rings on at once, inaugurating the start of their senior year and uniting the class. It was a night to remember, but we wanted to dig deeper and hear from some of our juniors and soon-to-be seniors.

On the count of 3, the class of 2025 puts their rings together as one united grade. (Varsity Yearbook Inc.)

Most juniors look forward to different experiences and traditions that come with their high school experience, and the junior ring ceremony is one of them.

What was your favorite part of the ring ceremony?

It was apparent that many students enjoyed this night, and we wanted to know more from those who attended and participated. Sofia Croes reflected on her thoughts and feelings about the evening, “My favorite part was probably when we all put on the rings together. It made me feel united and close with my graduating class.” Many schools across America carry on this tradition because it offers students an opportunity to feel a special sense of school pride, community, and friendship. It wasn’t just about wearing the ring but memorializing the entire event,  “I also loved taking pictures with my friends because having the ring felt exciting and showing off my school pride” said Croes.

Mia Hart then told us all about her enjoyment at the ceremony. She explained how excited she was to finally be a part of the ceremony. Ever since she began at Riviera in ninth grade, she told us she always looked up to the previous classes at this ceremony and how special it was to be a part of it. “My favorite part was probably receiving my ring and putting it on because it made me feel like a true bulldog and a part of a big family.”

Beatriz Mota and Valeria Nucete pose for a photo, excited to finally have their junior ring on their finger. (Varsity Yearbook Inc.)

The junior ring ceremony is an exciting experience and one of the many highlights of high school. As bulldogs, we are so lucky to be a part of such a fantastic school and a wonderful ceremony. Nearing the end of the year, it is important to celebrate all the student’s hard work and give a preview of the next best thing: senior year.